4/16/2008

NAPNAP 2008 - Day Three

Wow! The level of professionalism, financial diligence, and leadership I saw in the NAPNAP organization stuns me. The advocacy and educational support of NAPNAP is the fuel that drives the future success of the pediatric nurse practitioner. The leadership works relentlessly to provide the support and resources to Pediatric Nurse Practitioners so they can work in the provider role and offer exceptional quality. Every state is well represented with strong chapters that deliver education and resources to their members. The people within the organization are genuine and warm, and I am thankful for the opportunity to have attended this event and supported them.

The faculties at the various universities that are part of Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Master's and Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) programs were also well represented. They encourage their students to attend the Conference, and they meet collectively to continue to provide the best education possible for the Pediatric Nurse Practitioners of the future. I eagerly agreed to provide Valerie, a faculty member from Case Western Nursing School, with career, salary, and other job related information to add to her curriculum. I talked with many of the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner leaders and enjoyed hearing their stories. With every new person I met, my deep respect for the nurses that I serve continued to grow.

I had a chance to talk personally with the Renee McLeod, Director, Graduate Education and Advanced Practice Program at Arizona State University. What an accomplished Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, PHD, educator and Leader she is! It was exciting to witness her enthusiasm and creativity. Many of her former students eagerly joined her at a gathering.

I truly appreciate the quality of people I have the pleasure of working with.

Til tomorrow!

Jill

Jill Gilliland
800-886-7906
jill@melnic.com

No comments: